Friends of Hamilton County Parks Nonprofit Management Intern Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Friends of Hamilton County Parks Nonprofit Management Interns will support the efforts of the interim executive director and The Board. The intern will work primarily with the executive director and selected board members on efforts required to obtain grant funding from corporate, foundation and government entities and to support fund raising activities including and not limited to Coxhall Gardens , Carmel Symphony partnerships and the 2021-22 On Par Golf Outing events.
Fall Semester Event and Fund Writing Intern —This Intern will be preparing the marketing and outreach materials to increase the attendance and donations to all FHCP events and activities and assist with developing targeted grant and funding requests.
Fall Semester Marketing Intern —This intern will be working on social media marketing and communicating with print, radio, podcasts, TV, magazines, SM sites and other media sources and the writing of stories to highlight select contributions and support.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: FALL Internship – Form of Pay: 6-10 weeks/ High School/ College Credit/ Experience / Travel Stipend up to $70/week.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School or College Students with philanthropy /marketing/communication/event management interest
Currently enrolled Senior High School or college student
Highly organized and team oriented
Local area resident / available 10-15 hours a week
Attention to detail and proud of their quality of work
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and key social media sites
Strong writing and communication skills
Ability to handle multiple deadlines in a new and evolving environment
At the end of your internship, you will be expected to prepare a report summarizing key findings from a project of your choice. Also input on strategic next steps.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under direction of the executive director and administrative assistant, interns will collect, compile and analyze annual giving prospects and data in order to increase successful marketing outcomes;
2. Assist in producing new ideas on how to promote new FHCP events, hires, board members and programs;
3. Assist with Bloomerang updating;
5. In collaboration with the executive director, research, develop, and distribute communications materials such as press releases, newsletters, marketing emails, brochures, grants, and social media posts.
6. Assist with volunteer events and other fundraising efforts;
7. Perform other duties as directed, including prospect research through online and paper-based resources, review of grant guidelines, determining appropriate funding match to programs and services.
1. Verification to legally work in the US upon hire, and maintained.
How to apply to our internships:
To apply for an internship, please send us your current resume that reflects any relevant experiences and skills and a cover letter.
All materials should be sent via email to Thomas E. McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please reference, “the Friends of Hamilton County Parks Nonprofit Management Intern Job Descriptions” in your subject line of your email.