Executive Director of Friends of Hamilton County Parks, Inc
Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervises: All Office Staff
Effective Date: January 2022
Salary Range: $50,0000-$70,000
Benefits: Vacation and Sick Leave
The Friends of Hamilton County Parks, Inc. (FHCPI) was established in 2006 as a 501(c)(3) organization geared toward ensuring that all community members have access to parks that meet their needs and expectations in amazing ways. FHCPI is entrusted with the stewardship to advance development, promotion, and preservation of the county’s public parks and green spaces for the recreational, cultural, and educational benefit of Hamilton County Indiana residents and visitors. FHCPI accomplishes this by actively seeking donations, grants, and other financial support through relationships and partnerships with patrons, donors, and granting organizations, sustaining an enthusiastic corps of volunteers, and abiding by informed, visionary, and creative business practices.
The Executive Director of FHCPI reports and is responsible to the Board of Directors of The Friends of Hamilton County Parks, Inc. of Hamilton County Indiana. Accepted candidates for Executive Director of FHCPI will live in or relocate to Hamilton County and meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A 4-year degree in a relevant area of study from an accredited college or university or extensive on-the-job experience combined with study from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of relevant experience working in a non-profit organization with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- develop, direct and coordinate community and individual fundraising activities
- seek, develop, implement and maintain both public and private grants
- supervise unique groups of workers and adhere to human resource responsibilities and requirements.
- Accepted candidates will be familiar with multiple parks’ and recreation models, organizations and dynamics.
Develop and oversee fundraising strategies to achieve the goals established in coordination with the Board. This includes:
- Cultivating strong relationships with existing donors and corporate partners with the goal of retaining and increasing the number and size of financial contributions.
- Identifying prospective donors and corporate partners and developing relationships and mutually advantageous alliances.
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase the membership of the Parks Foundation throughout the county.
- Develop, implement and maintain a youth oriented community outreach program
Develop and oversee Capital Campaigns.
Enhance visibility of FHCPI in the community with a strong focus on storytelling and ensure that the mission, programs and services present a strong positive image to all stakeholders. Lead and collaborate to deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web and social media to external relationships with the goal of increasing a stronger brand.
Initiate and cultivate partnerships within the community. Represent FHCPI at community events. Build a strong network of recognition and support of FHCPI.
Oversee resource and staffing needs and manage paid and volunteer staff to ensure alignment with fund-raising strategies and strategic plan. Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors. Serve as ex-officio member of committees.
Develop, maintain and support a strong Youth Advisory Council, to include recruiting members, grant requests, strategic planning, establishing and maintaining their own meetings.
Act as a liaison between the FHCPI and Hamilton County Parks and Recreation Boards (HCPR) by attending meetings of both groups. Continue to cultivate a strong partnership with both the Parks Department and Parks Board.
Advocate for parks, trails, and recreation with city and county governments, as appropriate, ensuring that the FHCPI 501(c)(3) status is not jeopardized.
Provide support to the Board and Committees by preparing agendas, supporting materials and recording minutes.
Work with the Finance Committee to develop and recommend an annual budget.
Prudently manage the FHCPI’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws, regulations and bylaws.
Maintain a good working knowledge of best practices and significant trends and developments in the non-profit field.
Identify and evaluate any risks to the FHCPI’s Board, staff and volunteers, property, finances, goodwill, reputation, and image and implement measures to control risks.
Oversee stewardship of any agreements with municipalities.
Ensure accurate and comprehensive maintenance of official records and documents, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Support activities of committees.
Maintain the FHCPI Website, proficient in web-based programs and office products, provide clerical and office duties as required.
Directs operations of communications and digital communication; coordinates, plans and manages communications, public relations, marketing and public programs and events.